The ILSI Platform for International Partnership (PIP) contributes to improved human health and well-being by creating and implementing collaborative scientific activities with FAO and WHO, aiding them in their development of public health policies and programs.
Programs and Activities
The ILSI PIP fosters collaboration between ILSI, WHO, FAO, and regional and local health organizations around the global.
The ILSI PIP recommends and implements programs of interest to WHO, FAO, and ILSI branches and the Research Foundation. It develops and executes annual work plans with WHO and FAO, and participates in activities related to the Codex Alimentarius. Through the PIP, ILSI is able to:
- Take a lead in improving safety and quality of food and the environment, especially in developing countries
- Participate as observers in Codex, WHO, and FAO conferences, meetings, and workshops
- Provide science on policy and regulatory issues that have local, national, and regional significance
- Foster improved understanding of the scientific underpinnings of and the importance of scientific consensus on policy and regulatory decisions
- Exchange ideas within a diverse, international network of experts on human and environmental health