Workshop organised by the ILSI Europe Prebiotics Task Force during the United European Gastroenterology Week (UEGW).
The ILSI Europe Prebiotics Task Force is organising a workshop during the 18th United European Gastroenterology Week (23-27 October) in Barcelona. A presentation of their last manuscript detailing the Prebiotic Concept (published in September 2010 in the British Journal of Nutrition 2010;104(Suppl.2):S1-S63) will be given to the gastroenterologist audience.
A first presentation of the concept and the basic science around probiotics will be given as an introduction; then the different speakers will focus on the application of this concept for the gastroenterology area.
The programme of this workshop is now available:
- Introduction of the session Chair of the session: Francisco Guarner (Hospital General Vall d'Hebron, SP)
- Prebiotic concept. Focus on Pediatric applications: Bernd Stahl (Danone, DE)
- Prebiotics and the immune system: Artur Ouwehand (Danisco, FI)
- Prebiotics in IBD: Kevin Whelan (King's College London, UK)
- Prebiotics in IBS: Francisco Guarner (Hospital General Vall d'Hebron, SP)
- Final discussion and conclusion: All
Attendance of this workshop is free of charge for UEGW delegates.